Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Fresh New Things

The month of March is a great month for new things. The sun is shining (well, not today... but for a few glorious days this week!) and the people suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder, or S.A.D., are beginning to crawl out from under their blankets and venture outside, there is a hint of spring in the air, and life begins anew!

A lot is always happening at The Stone Church, which is good for me because it keeps things interesting and me busy. But March is a particularly new-filled month.

New Thing #1: Soundbooth

We had a workday (find that graphic in the gallery) and some volunteers came up from Newnan and built a sound booth (along with a very sturdy table for all of our audio and video equipment)!

Well... started building it:
A new cave for techies to run and hide when socializing begins
It's just plywood and wooden columns right now, but soon it will be covered in reclaimed wood from old pallets, which will look very cool. If you don't believe me, just check out these pictures from our stage, which has the same reclaimed wood on the back wall behind center stage.

New Thing #2: Podcasting

We've also begun podcasting!
I thought you started doing podcasting back in February. 
I did! But it's really hard and confusing and the internet is scary when you're lost and can't find a place to host your mp3s.
To check it out on our website click HERE.

Or, to subscribe in iTunes, click HERE.

New Thing #3: LifeGroups

Life Groups, small groups, home churches, or whatever you want to call them (personally, when it comes to The Stone Church, I like the name Rock Bands.... get it? stone... rock? Yes, we get it....)

Our small groups start this week and it is just another step into deeper connections with people, deeper discussions on the bible, and deeper life change... (help! I'm so deep I'm through the earth's outer crust and into the mantle! Science jokes are not your strong point. Noted.)

Who buys a couch that color?
(You can find a larger image in the gallery, as well)

New Thing #4: A Student Event

Finally, something for my maturity level. A middle school and high school bowling event! Bowling and Burgers to be exact. It's a great first step into student ministry for The Stone. I lean a bit towards student ministry since I interned/worked with student ministry for a few years at Crossroads Church.

Bowling, burgers, and lightening bolts... what could be better?
(You can find a larger image in the gallery, as well)

New things keep happening at The Stone! But I feel like we're hitting a groove, as well. Our Sundays are flowing a bit more smoothly, our mics *pop crackle pop* less, our wires are more hidden and organized... and personal growth is happening. 

Well, at least for me.

2 comments:

  1. i would totally buy a couch that color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that! You can probably also tell me what the specific name for that shade of green is... I'm sure it's something like Rainforest Iguana Green.

      Delete